Test of English as a Foreign Language or TOEFL is basically an assessment test for non-native speakers of English, in order to determine whether or not they are fit to study or work in an English speaking country.
As a student you might have to clear your TOEFL exams and we as a consultancy will help you do that. This test is not only necessary for students who are applying for universities but also for professionals who are looking for job opportunities abroad.
That is why our holistic and comprehensive TOEFL classes are designed in such a manner that it will equip you with the skills and abilities to tackle the exams with ease. For students planning to apply to foreign universities this test is very critical as it is based on 100% academic questions and tasks.
Why TOEFL is important?
Test of English as a Foreign Language or TOEFL is an internet based test which is divided into four different sections. Each section is allotted a specific time period and they are reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
The reading section consists of 36 to 56 questions from 3 to 4 passages, which the candidates need to finish within 60 to 80 minutes (as mentioned in the particular test). The listening section will need the students to follow some lectures, class-room discussions, and discussions and answer around 30 to 50 questions within 60 to 90 minutes, as directed in that particular test.
After these two sections the candidates are allotted a 10 minutes break where they can have some refreshments and prepare themselves for the next two sections.
The speaking section comprises of 20 minutes in total where the candidate will be assigned as much as 6 different tasks. The individual might be given a topic to opine or will be asked to give feedback after listening to a discussion.
The last section or the writing section lasts for 50 minutes where the candidate will be given 2 different tasks to complete. There might be some analytical essays to be written where the candidates need to support an argument or a motion in written form or they might also be asked to jot down opinions and feedback after listening to any discussion.
The comprehensive structure of the test allows the universities to assess the quality of English knowledge of the student in all the four major domains. That is why TOEFL is still regarded as one of the most valued assessment tests worldwide.
The final score in the test is obtained after averaging out the scores obtained in the different sections of the test. However, the results explicitly mention the scores obtained by the individual candidates in all the different segments of the tests.
How Mayfair Global Education will help you score the highest score?
- We at Mayfair Global Education have more than 20 years of experience in dealing with candidates appearing from TOEFL tests and we are aware of the test curriculum and the test structures.
- We a have pool of quite experienced and qualified tutors who will offer their guidance and support to get through all the four required areas of the TOEFL tests.
- We focus on all the four segments of the test in each of our session. Our tutors understand that it is the average score that counts at the end and that is why we try and make you equally good in all the four segments.
- Classes are held two to four times each week so that you can adjust your timing after your regular courses or work schedule.
- With our experience of more than twenty years we know have understood that it is the listening skills that the students of India mostly fail. That is why we offer plenty of listening skill practice sessions and accordingly we guide the students to improve on their listening abilities.
- Side-by-side we also arrange plenty of speaking practices so that the students also learn to frame proper sentences in different forms, even when they are verbally communicating. It is the major drawback of the schooling system of India that we prepare our students to be skillful writers of English but when it comes to verbal communication, we often falter. That is why our Spoken English experts pay extra attention in order to bring fluency and accuracy in verbal English for our candidates.
- Apart from the training provided in the classroom environment we also offer a ample collection of study materials so that the candidates can go back home and practice on their own. In super-competitive exams like the TOEFL it is important that the students practice a lot and keeping that in mind we design the materials.
- We offer CDs and sample papers so that the particular candidate earns accuracy and also gets accustomed to the test environment.
- Our mentorship is provided in smaller batches of candidates so that each of them get enough time and opportunity to clarify their doubts and polish their skills whenever necessary.
- Our group of experts also offers their feedback on the progress the candidate made on each and every segment of the test. It is important that you score relatively high in all the four sections because there is a cut-off score in each of them. Failing to meet the cut-off in one nullifies your entire score of the test.
- We have at our disposal a substantial online library where you can hunt for resources which will help you clear certain doubts or improve your vocabulary. We believe in making you ready in all possible way so that your first attempt only seals the deal for the university of your dreams.
- We arrange for a number of simulated online tests which will give you a feel of the actual TOEFL exam. So, by the time you actually sit for your TOEFL exam you will not be up for any kind of surprises.
Fee of Test of English as a Foreign Language
The cost to take the test is around US $ 170 which comes to around INR 11000. However, there are other costs associated with the registration process. The late registration will cost you around US $ 35 and rescheduling your exam date will cost you around US$ 60, extra in addition to the actual cost.
0.00 average based on 0 ratings