Mayfair Global Education is your one-stop shop where you can get all your required services to make your study abroad experience a breeze. All you need to do is to catch your flight and be on your way to start your new life!
Visa Guidance is our forte and we have been successfully guiding thousands of students over the last 22 years towards getting a successful student visa.
Student visa processes and requirements are extremely dynamic. At Mayfair Global Education, we keep ourselves abreast with the latest guidelines and have trained in-house personnel who will guide you through your complete visa paperwork during your one-to-one sessions.
As an add-on benefit for our clients, we keep our website updated with the visa information and guidelines for popular study abroad destinations particular to Indian students. For a successful student visa application, here some of the generic documents that you will need:
- The student visa application form (Online or Off line)
- Passport valid for at least six months from the date of travel
- Passport sized photographs as per specifications
- Your letter of acceptance from the college / university / institute of higher education
- Your funding related documents like bank statements, education loan sanction letter, scholarships or grants, receipt for any tuition fees paid.
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- Your academic qualifications, including transcripts and certificates
- Medical test results and certificates
- Health Insurance
Please remember that this is an indicative list and the document requirements will vary from country to country. Closer to the time of the student visa application, we will share a updated, more specific checklist with you.
We also handle visa-refusal cases. For more information, get in touch with us on (011-1234-5678) or email us on APS World@APS World.com. Remember, we have a 90% visa success rate for the past 22 years!
We believe that pre-departure briefings are the ideal platforms for students and their families to get acquainted with what life is going to be like as an international student in your chosen study abroad destination. At Mayfair Global Education, we have our pre-departure briefings on a country-wise basis, so that as a student you can take adequate preparation. We will share some useful tips that will help you to integrate with your new surroundings
So, what can you expect from attending a pre-departure briefing:
- You will get the latest updates on Visa regulations for your chosen country
- You will get an insight into what life will be like as an international student in your chosen study abroad destination
- You will get to meet former students who have studied in your chosen country
- An insight into the country’s banking system for international students
Our pre-departure sessions at Mayfair Global Education are informal in nature! However, here’s what a typical session would involve:
- Pre-departure including student visa, accommodation, checklist, Insurance
- Arrival in your chosen country – the Do’s and Don’ts
- First impressions of your chosen country
- The Education system in your chosen country
- Your life as a student in the first few weeks
- Financial planning and opening student bank accounts
- New mobile phone connections
- Work Permits
- Tips and Tricks
- Important contacts to have
- Cultural differences
- Question and Answer session
This is also the perfect occasion tomeet fellow students who will be embarking on a similar life like yours. Exchange contacts so that you can keep in touch with them once you leave India.
At Mayfair Global Education, we have pre-departure briefings all year round depending on the intakes that the countries have and the number of students who are going during that intake. However, some of our busiest times are between July and September.
Forex or Foreign Exchange:
Whether you are remitting your tuition fees, housing fees or carrying money with you, remember that Foreign Exchange or Forex rates depend on market fluctuations on a daily basis. As an international student, you may find the entire process extremely confusing. So, what are the key points that you should consider before purchasing your foreign exchange:
- Is the service provider reputable?
There are many providers in the market who may deal in counterfeit currency. As a layman, it is extremely difficult for anyone to know the difference between the real and the fake. So, choosing the right service provider is of utmost importance. Ask for recommendations.
- Are you getting the best possible exchange rate?
The rate that you get from an online foreign exchange website or even in your daily newspaper will not match with the rates that you are offered by the service provider. The rates that you get from the service provider will always be slightly higher as you are buying the foreign currency. So, check what rates you are being offered before you purchase.
- How much foreign exchange can you carry out of India?
Most service providers will be able to provide you with this information. You can also think of a combination of Travel Cards and Cash that you can carry with you as an international student.
Mayfair Global Education has associations with reputable foreign exchange service providers. So let us deal with your foreign exchange needs instead.
Most countries require students to purchase Health Insurance before they travel to their study abroad destinations. While some countries may already have their preferred Health Insurance service providers, others may be more flexible and will leave the decision of which Medical Insurance to purchase at your discretion.
Studying in an international destination is going to be a full-time job. There are probably a million things that you need to prepare for before leaving the country. So pass over your health worries to us as we have dedicated student travel insurance vendors who can give you what you need instantly.
Over the years, we have gained the required experience that will help us to assist you with your needs of buying the mostappropriate Medical Insurance that you require for your chosen country. We strongly recommend that even if your chosen study abroad does not request you to go for Health Insurance, for the peace of mind in a foreign destination, you should still think of purchasing one.
At Mayfair Global Education, we extend 360 degree service in terms of providing you assistance with your international travel.
- Flight Bookings:
Ticketing has become extremely dynamic with more carriers and competition flooding the Indian market. Remember, cheapest is not always the best. Thus, selecting the right airline requires careful consideration that one should think about as an international student:
- What is the route that the airline is going to fly and how long will it take for you to get to the destination?
- What is the baggage allowance provided to you as a student? Do you get any extra privileges as a student?
- Will you have to transit through another country? If so, what is the transit time and can you take a look around the destination within that time. Will you need a separate visa for that?
With our trusted travel desk, you can get airline options at affordable rates. Drop into to our office and we will be happy to assist you with your flight ticket bookings.
- Domestic Transportation:
Going abroad may not just be about booking your flight tickets. You may be going to a destination, which may not have an airport. Hence you will have to look at internal or domestic travel options as well. Isn’t that too much to take on your plate now that you are leaving the country?
Our Travel Desk can also assist, guide and help you book the most convenient domestic transportation options that will easily get you to your destination.
- Student Travel Insurance:
Even if it is not a mandatory requirement, we strongly recommend that you think about purchasing a Student Travel Insurance Policy that is most appropriate to your circumstances. There may be cases where the airline may misplace your luggage, or there may be significant damage to your luggage during your transit. So, be a smart traveller - travel insurance these days is in fact a necessity.
We have partnerships with a number of public and private service providers. Get help from our Travel Desk and choose a Travel Insurance that suits both your needs and your pocket.
International mobile SIM cards are widely available these days and are a fantastic option for any international student. Purchasing one before leaving India is a great idea, as getting a mobile connection in a foreign destination may not happen right away. It will help both you and your family members to communicate, hassle-free.
At Mayfair Global Education, keeping in mind that most students will be on a budget, we offer mobile solutions that are efficient without pinching a hole in your pocket.